Good afternoon everybody! I hope your day is going well.
Here are today’s Interesting Information Security Bits from around the web.
- /dev/random >> Blog Archive >> Critical dns2tcp Vulnerability!
Looks like dns2tcp has a vulnerability that needs to be taken care of. Time to upgrade.
- TrueCrypt – Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software for Windows Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux – Documentation
A new version of Truecrypt is out. Version 6.1 was released on October 31st, 2008.
Hat tip: Xavier at http://blog.rootshell.be
- Research Blog – Research – SecureWorks
A very nice description and review of the worm that is trying to take advantage of MS08-067.
- PCI Blog – Compliance Demystified >> Blog Archive >> Cloud computing security and PCI
Another good article about PCI and cloud computing.
- Tenable Network Security: Log Correlation Engine 3.0 Released
Like the title says, Tenable has released a new version of their Correlation engine.
- Man cops to $1m phony bar code shoplifting scheme * The Register
Real life shopping cart hacking 🙂
- Security at the point of sale
An interesting article about the different ways that thiefs are exploiting retail checkout systems.
- Core Security finds critical Adobe Reader hole | Latest Security News – CNET News
Looks like it’s time to patch Adobe Reader again.
That’s it for today. Have fun!
Subscribe to my RSS Feed if you enjoy these daily Interesting Bits posts.