Good afternoon everybody! I hope your day is going well.
Here are today’s Interesting Information Security Bits from around the web.
- Using Cain to do a “Man in the Middle” attack by ARP poisoning (Hacking Illustrated Series InfoSec Tutorial Videos)
Irongeek has a video up showing how to use cain for man in the middle attacks.
- The Security Catalyst >> Join me at the Microsoft Small Business Summit This Wednesday
Michael (SecurityCatalyst) will be presenting at the Microsoft Small Business Summit on Wednesday. You can watch along live if you wish. Details inside.
- Grumpy Hacker News Network: OWASP EU Summit 2008
The OWASP EU Summit 2009 has been annouced. It will take place in Portugal from November 3rd to the 7th.
- DarkMarket carder forum revealed as FBI sting * The Register
This is great. The FBI setup a carder forum as a sting operation.
- Top security suites fail exploit tests
Secunia has a report out in which 12 security suites are tested and don’t do very well at all. Read the report for the specifics, but if you throw a bunch of malware at a system that is un-patched, no amount of security software is going to protect you from getting infected.
If you like these posts, you can get them easily by subscribing to my RSS feed.
That’s it for today. Have fun!