Good afternoon everybody! I hope your day is going well.
Here are today’s Interesting Information Security Bits from around the web.
- PaulDotCom Community Blog: Securing Cisco Routers the Easy Way
Good post on securing Cisco routers.
- Matasano Chargen >> Blog Archive >> VoIP Demystified: SIP
The guys over at Matasano are doing a series of posts covering VoIP. The first is up.
- Hack and tell: Teen hacker Mafiaboy writes memoir | News – Security – CNET News
Cause significant disruption to web properties, get caught, get convicted, write book, profit.
- Consensus Controls project aims to set benchmarks for compliance
An interesting thought, peer review of controls. It’s an interesting thought and could be very useful. I’ve sent a request for a beta invite. I’ll let you know what I think if I get one.
- Vendors rush to fix bug that could crash Internet systems
There has been a lot of talk around the internets over the last couple of weeks about a significant vulnerability that is platform agnostic. In the last few days, many have indicated that they think it is nothing new. I get the impression from this article that that may not be the case. Only time will tell, but let’s not be too quick to dismiss it as a rehashing of an old issue.
That’s it for today. Have fun!