Good afternoon everybody! I hope your day is going well.
Here are today’s Interesting Information Security Bits from around the web.
- Outpost24’s TCP DOS Attack Explained
Fyodor has posted his opinion of what the new TCP based DOS attack we have been hearing so much about recently. Regardless of whether he is bang on in his guess, you really ought to go read hi note.Hat tip: @dryden1
- The Concise Guide to Proxies
Lori gives a real straight forward and complete description of the different types of proxies. Good one to keep in the “when someone asks a questions” folder.
- 2008 Data Breach Investigations Supplemental Report
Verizon has released its 2008 Data Breach Investigations Report that focuses on four major industy groups. Check it out. I still have to read it so can’t offer first hand opinion yet.
- A Peek Inside A Simple ATM Machine
Ax0n shares some interesting inforomation with us about an ATM machine’s physical and mechanical feathers.
- All About Windows Update – Security Watch
A pointer to a document published by Microsoft that explains how Windows Update works. Very concise and well put together. It is written in Word 2007, so you will need the comptability pack if you aren’t there yet.
- Surveillance of Skype messages found in China – International Herald Tribune
If you are using skype while in China, you may be talking to more people than you anticipate.
- Cisco survey: Cultural differences can complicate IT security when work goes offshore
Different cultures with different levels of information security awareness and maturity can significantly impact you company. You must make sure your plans take that into account when you start globalizing your company.
That’s it for today. Have fun!