Good afternoon everybody! I hope your day is going well.
Here are today’s Interesting Information Security Bits from around the web.
- *nux Live Acquisition Techniques
Cutaway gives us a nice walk-through of how he dealt with some issues when trying to acquire drive images during a recent incident response.
- Fiction Versus Function: Three Unspoken Annoynaces of Cisco & VMware’s Virtualization “Partnership”
Beaker pens another interesting missive about VMWare and Cisco getting together and what that might mean for both server admins and network admins.
- Impact of the Economic Crisis on Security
Rich has a great post up with some insightful observations about what effect the current financial situation may have on our industry and our jobs. You should go read it.
- FAQ: Clickjacking — should you be worried?
A very good explanation for what Clickjacking is.
Hat tip: @jeremiahg
- Dark Reading – New DOS Attack Is a Killer – Snake Bytes
Some interesting stuff coming out of Sweden, interesting as in the sky is falling.
- Sex, death and Gartner IT security summits
David give’s us an overview of the opening day of the Gartner IT Security Summit in London. Interesting stuff being talked about there.
- FOXNews.com – For Sale: Used Spy Camera With Top Secret Terror Records – Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News
When things like this happen, you just want smack yourself in the forehead and ask how can people not get it to this degree?
Hat tip: @cre8tn
- Andrew Hay >> Blog Archive >> Secure Life Ep 1
Neat cartoon that really gets to the point.
That’s it for today. Have fun!